Only in Japan can a giant franchise about Serious Warfare get away with a crackpot season preview like this: kekkonshitekure~
Lockon's VA is totally having a field time there, as you can tell. *Allow me 5 minutes to fangirl Miki Shinichirou*
Parts of the episode was shown at a festival, and here's someone's translated summary: here
Of course, the benefit of killing a popular character is so that you can totally twist the knife whenever you like, which is what they're doing by the sounds of it.
Good thing that HE WASN'T RESURRECTED LIKE MWU. So we now have confirmation that it is indeed the twin (unless there's another plot twist and he's not the twin after all). Twins are always such useful plot devices.
Now for the
serious trailers (in roughly chronological order):One
- mostly reused scenes. Also noticed how Setsuna yells "I am...WE ARE...GUNDAM!" (Other 3 pilots: Oi...don't drag us into your identity crisis)Two
- it's a sad day when Marina looks better than Wang Liumei =0=;;; I think I'll just have to come to the conclusion that the art does not compliment anyone passing through the ages 20-25 ~~;; Saji ain't so Kira-like now, is he! XDThree
- EVIL-LOOKING LOCKON!!! =D=D=D=D (okay, he just looks annoyed, but anyhow~). Setsuna, 4 years later, is still SHORT. FourFive Watch it all in one goDVD Preview
- A combination of scenes from above with some new stuff...namely Saji trying to kill Setsuna and Sumeragi in bed with the glasses dude...? Orz
By the looks of it, the opening song will be by Uverworld, who did the first opening and ending themes for Death Note
, and this makes me happy =D Not because I love their music all that much, but because it probably suits the series more than L'arc-en-ciel's quiet Daybreak's Bell
It does worry me that there seems to be a lot more new characters to be introduced than those who were killed off last season.....GAH. Its main weakness last season was the number of characters and the ineptness at developing them!
I'll have to add...yes...Louise is now a pilot: updated character designs for season 2 minus Meisters
. Louise has regrown her missing appendage...ah...the wonders of future medicine. Unfortunately the cosmetic industry is slower to capitalise on these advances and people like Graham (and Sergei) are left permanently scarred, thus the creepy Darth Vader-wannabe outfit. Or Graham has a Darth Vader complex, which is probably not far from the truth. That person who looks suspiciously like Tieria and trying to singlehandedly and surreptitiously snap Louise's neck is a new character called Regene.
Now time for some hilarious stuff:
1. Original Hare Hare Yuki dance sequence
from Suzumiya Haruhi......Recreated by the Gundam Meisters
....Gotta love Japanese fans XDD
2. Even though I never got into Code Geass
, I'm simultaneously Orz-ed and wowed by this
. Plus a lot of wtf?! LOL
3. Setsuna's "Gundam fantasy" is destroyed
, thanks to two cameo idiots
As an off note: if you're willing to be scarred, here's the English dub
for Gundam 00
season one. It was pretty good up until I heard Lockon (which was kinda meh) and then Setsuna..........UGH. I know no one measures up to Miyano (LOL) but what's with sounding like he's just reading and not acting
??? Found a clip of Gundam Seed
...Kira's VA is actually pretty good. Lacus' voice isn't bad but acting was off. I have no words for Athrun T___T